Hikvision or Safire product password reset
1) Install the Device Search Utility (SADP) from the Safire website: SADP
2) Execute the device search to see a list of all devices connected on the network.
3) Select the device to recover and click on the Forgot Password link (bottom right).
5) The file will be downloaded to your PC. You should now e-mail this file to: email@example.com. We will generate a reset-patch file and return this to you as soon as possible. Do not switch the recorder off while waiting for the reset-patch file.
6) Once you receive the file from Safire you need to Import this file to the same recorder. Follow steps 1 through 3, then select the folder icon under Import File and select the reset-patch file.
Import file – select the reset-patch file received from Safire
7) Input the new Password for the recorder and repeat this in the Confirm Password field. The passwords must be identical, if not you cannot continue.
8) Confirm the Importation and wait for the file to be uploaded. Your recorder’s password has now been reset.
IMPORTANT: Once you send the files the recorder should not be switched off! If the recorder is switched off while waiting for the unlock recovery password then the process will have to be repeated.
8) You are asked to enter a Security Code
9) Press the Cancel button, and go back to the SADP, you have to take the Serial number and the Start time, and send them to our technical service
This can be achieved in two ways:
a. Go, within the SADP list, to the device from which you want to retrieve the password and look at the data in columns 4 and 5.
b. Click directly on the Export button, to generate the Excel file to be sent to us (to avoid errors when entering the data)
10) Safire will send us some security codes, go to step 3, then step 8 and enter the code according to the date you are in.
We remind you that the correct code for the date (Today) will return the equipment to the factory password, which is "12345"
If you request the codes, for example for the 7th of October and you are only going to have access to the equipment on the 9th, you have to use the code corresponding to the 9th of October. It is important that the recorder is not restarted until the password is reset.
The password will be the factory default (User: admin / Password: 12345).